New Delhi : At hybrid , new Delhi one plus revealed it’s latest offering , the one plus 3 smartphone which have been pitched in the upper smartphone segment against smartphones like xiaomi mi 5 , Nexus 5x (32gb ) and Samsung A8 . Out of them we are considering this latest offering with the god of Android “The Nexus 5x ” as it came from none other than Google and lg’s mixed efforts , the phone capability will be checked after a short time but before that a hands on review for the same .
Price: 27,999 (for 6 GB variant )
USP: quick charging , processor , RAM , camera
Downsides: low battery capacity , no expandable memory , quite slippery.
DESIGN – 4.5/5
- The smartphone flares a full metal body and is identical to the HTC one M8 at the back with same lines as the latter and a sleek design to look at with different design on the other hand Nexus 5x offers plastic body which feels just okay with matte finish and after a few months of usage it starts to show scratch signs.
- The edges are neat sides and offer ample grp due to multiple curves present on the other hand the Nexus doesn’t have many a curves it is plain, somewhat boxy and classy to look at with all black scheme carbon edition.
- Right side contains power buttons on one plus 3 and on the left a unique button is present with volume rocker which at first glance looks like the iPhone ringer button.
- Speaker grills are amazing to look at which are present at the bottom and fit and finish of over all smartphone is great.
- The dimensions of one plus 3 are (5.95 x 2.92 x 0.30 )inches which is equivalent to 5.5 inches screen size whereas on the Nexus it is 5.2 inches.
- One plus 3 is comparatively heavy at 158 grams as the Nexus 5x weighs considerably light at 145 grams.
PERFORMANCE – 4/5
- 6 GB DDR 3 ram with 64 GB internal memory on the other hand Nexus 5x offers 2gb ram and 32 gb internal memory.
- Both the smartphones misses out on external as card support which should be given consideration.
- Qualcomm snapdragon 820 quad core 2.15GHz chipset that means playing games will not be hassle for gamers and lagging will not be a problem and it is the fastest in its segment , Nexus just offers snapdragon 808.
- Android marshmallow with oxygen OS ( a new platform like cyanogen ) same as the Nexus 5x but it offers stock Android which might appeal to some.
- Qualcomm adreno 530 graphic processing unit Vs petit adreno 418 on Nexus 5x.
DISPLAY – 4/5
- IPS capacitive touchscreen with 16 million colors Is same on both the devices.
- The screen has a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels (~401) PPI which is slightly lower than the Nexus 5x which has same resolution and 423 PPI.
- The smartphone supports multi touch of upto 10 fingers whereas Nexus supports only upto 5 fingers.
- Gorilla glass 4 is provided for enhanced protection which is superior than the Nexus 5x gorilla glass 3.
- The primary camera is a 16 mp one with 2.0 aperture for shooting in low light and has better focus which is better than the latter which offers 12 mp camera .
- The camera also has features such as PDAF , auto focus , close loop , HDR , BSI , OIS and many more.
- The secondary camera is 8mp one which great for taking selfies for youngsters which on Nexus 5X is a mere 5 mp.
FEATURES – (4/5)
- Dual sim is present both being nano whereas moto g4 plus only supports one that too micro.
- 4g is supported in India by both the smartphones.
- A 3000 MAH battery to provide juice to the smartphone which is better than the Nexus which provides 2700 mah battery.
- Fingerprint , accelerometer , gyrosensor , infrared , host , proximity sensors are a part of this smartphone.
- Quick charging 2.0 which claims a battery life of 3 hours on 5 minutes of charging whereas in Nexus 5x it takes 15 minutes to get same amount of battery however Nexus was the first smartphone to get the type c charger.
- Voice recorder quality is so good that you can even record some songs.
One plus 3 is a amazing phone which is priced amazingly and had the tenancy to grab all the eye balls towards itself if correct exposure is provided
If one plus doesn’t have heating problem then it is a great buy , it leaves the Nexus far behind in every aspect but if someone wants a phone that comes from creator of Android and has a big name in smartphone segment then they should consider Nexus 5x
|Release date||June 2016|
|Dimensions (mm)||152.70 x 74.70 x 7.35|
|Battery capacity (mAh)||3000|
|Colours||Graphite, Soft Gold|
|Screen size (inches)||5.50|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||401|
|Processor make||Qualcomm Snapdragon 820|
|Operating System||Android 6.0.1|
|Wi-Fi standards supported||802.11 a/ b/ g/ n/ ac|
|Bluetooth||Yes, v 4.20|
|Number of SIMs||2|
|Supports 4G in India (Band 40)||Yes|
|Supports 4G in India (Band 40)||Yes|
|Ambient light sensor||Yes|
AS COMPARED TO NEXUS 5X
LIKE US AT https://www.facebook.com/Cityflicks
FOLLOW US AT https://twitter.com/city_flicks